Category: Relocation Planning
Field of Study: Personnel/HR
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Some college level courses with moderate algebraic training
This course teaches you how to set compensation for employees who accept foreign assignments. It covers how to choose employees for such assignments, how to compensate them with a series of allowances, and how to tax equalize their compensation. Keeping the employee whole is stressed, since he or she should not be penalized financially for accepting an overseas assignment.
- Explain the effects of globalization on the need for expatriate employees
- Determine appropriate allowances and benefits for expatriates
- Use the balance sheet approach to calculate expatriate compensation
- Discuss major tax issues unique to expatriates
- Use Internet sources and software programs to calculate appropriate cost-of-living allowances
*The Course Credit Map
displays credit types offered by location and corresponding lists of eligible courses.